Monday, November 2, 2009

Instant collection

I have a fondness for white dishes and Fenton hobnail milk glass ranks pretty high on my wish list. Lucky for me, Ben's grandma had a lot of it and I was fortunate enough to get to give it a new home. After spending several hours unpacking, inspecting and washing it, here's my new collection.*Swoon*



I found several interesting pieces. This I've learned is called a Banana Bowl. I'm pretty sure no bananas will ever be stored in it at our house. Maybe a few ornaments at Christmas though.

And then there's this three sided bowl. I haven't been able to find anything out about it yet. It does have three short feet on it so it's definately unique.


I found this one refered to as a violet pot.

And it has a taller steamed version. No info on that one yet.


See that clear rim on this one? It's from a line called Silvercrest. Originally there would have been a lid to the dish and it was designed as a candy dish. This one is missing the lid but I love it just the same.

If you know anything about milk glass or have any website that would be helpful, please let me know. I find this stuff so charming and I'd love to know the names of each piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment