Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies

Hands down, these are my favorite Christmas cookies. I usually only make them once a year because there isn't a single healthy thing about these gems. Today I'm breaking my rule though and busting these out for Thanksgiving.

Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
2 cups butter, softened (real, honest to goodness butter - no fake stuff!)
6 oz. cream cheese, softened (and not the light stuff)
2 cups sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tsp. vanilla extract (say it with me everyone, "the real stuff")
4 1/2 cups flour (I use a bit more or less depending on how my dough forms that day)
1 tsp. salt

Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and beat till light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, and vanilla. Gradually add the flour and salt. About half way through, you'll have to stir it in by hand unless you're using a Kitchen Aid type mixer.

Using a cookie press, press on to cool, ungreased cookie sheets and bake 12 - 15 minutes.

**Some hints that might help. 1. Use a huge mixing bowl. 2. Fill the cookie press and then stick it in the fridge for a while so the dough can firm up. 3. You could also add some lemon or orange zest for a different flavor. Drizzling them with chocolate would be amazing too.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment