Monday, May 18, 2009

Framed keys

When Ben's grandma was moving, she gave me these keys. She said they had belonged to Ben's grandpa. I just love old keys so I was happy to have them. Having a story behind them makes them even better.

It took a while to figure out exactly what to do with them though. They've hung on nails, been tucked in an apothecary jar for a bit, but mostly they've just been shuffled around for the past year. Not anymore though. The frame is double matted so it's deep enough for the keys, the background is a sheet of scrapbook paper and the keys themselves are attached to a scrapbook journaling card using foam adhesive squares. And I used things I already had in the house so it took no time at all to put together.

3 comments:

  1. Lori~I love your key art, especially that the keys have meaning to you. Thanks for inviting me over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out so cute! I've seen the project before, but I love that your keys have sentimental value. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete